Skip to main content

Experiment Update

So, recently I've tried to connect my Muse 2016 headband to MuseLab / MuseIO.
The reason why I did it is to try out the Ristiaallokko experiment.

So far, I haven't successfully built it. There are many factors to it.
Being unfamiliar with C+ codes is one of them. I really don't know where to start and what to do to fix it. The second thing would be no familiar with Xcode. I don't know where are the options to fix the things they app warned. There is a lot of Googling needed to be done to even understand the errors the app mentioned. 

One of the first things you would notice when using a newer version of Xcode or building a new system with an older version legacy map is that the Always Search User Paths (ALWAYS_SEARCH_USER_PATHS) setting is set to YES, but is not supported by the new build system. Make sure to change the ALWAYS_SEARCH_USER_PATHS to NO and migrate to using modern header include syntax (for more info click here).

Changing it to NO helps the build a little, however, there are still more problems to it. The next thing I faced is the:
objective c implicit conversion loses integer precision 'something' (aka 'unsigned long') to 'int' warning
And, I'm still searching for the solution. I found someone explains it here.
But honestly, I don't know where to find the 32-bit/64-bit or where to change it to arvm7, as someone said that it will fix the errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TouchDesigner Experiment: Audio Reactive Particle Cloud

My second experiment with TouchDesigner is creating this audio-reactive particle visual by following Bileam Tschepe 's tutorial on Youtube. Again, I just followed his tutorial step by step. This tutorial is a little different because it uses both audio and visuals. The visual follows the music in real-time. Other than audio, we are also introduced with the element 'Math' to add the channels of the audio together. This is the end product. Music is FriendsV2 by Muskatt.

TouchDesigner Experiment: Inserting OSC data with OSCIn

From one of my last experiment , I tried to change the data input. Instead of using audio, I replaced it with OSC data from my Muse headset. To connect your OSC device to TouchDesigner, make sure that the IP address and port number is the same so the data transfer can be accurate. In this case, I use a third-party app called Mind Monitor (available on iOS devices) to connect my Muse headset to the TouchDesigner software. Below are screenshots and videos from my experiment. You can see that the brainwave data is already recorded in real-time in the software. Then I used the alpha, beta, and theta brainwave to change the movement of the visuals (the chosen brainwave data I used are just placeholders for now to see the movement). Then the data is connected with 'noise', which is like the fluid/abstract visuals you see on the background. I also set the colors to be moving/changing over time.

Designing the final project's visual in TouchDesigner

When creating the visuals for my final project, I was inspired by a 'Spectrum to TOPs' tutorial created by Bileam Tschepe on Youtube (I did a post about it here ). The tutorial teaches the audiences explicitly to convert an audio spectrum directly to TOPs using the CHOP to TOP and compositing. Since Bileam Tschepe used audio as the source information for the visuals, I changed the former portion of the tutorial from audio data into OSC data (blog post  here ). Since OSC and Audio data are in the CHOP section, and to create visuals are in the TOP section, a 'CHOP to TOP' node is required. Initially, the node is represented by one pixel high and in black and white; to adjust it, simply change the data format if necessary (for the color), and adding a composite node changes the pixel size. A Noise node is added because it is responsible for the output resolution of the project. The Noise node is also where the author attaches the OSC data in the transform section. This all...